For those college students who live at home, coming home after a long and tedious day of lectures to a nice, warm dinner is a comfort and a sure-fire way to brighten up anyone’s day. However, for students who have moved out for college, cooking can be somewhat of a chore – the last thing you want to do after a hard day of attending lectures is to come home and prepare a meal for yourself.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! I’m here to save the day and provide you with easy and satisfying recipes you can whip up in no time. Fear not, these simple recipes are incredibly easy to prepare and taste delicious. It will take you no time to cook these dinners in the evening and they will definitely leave you feeling full and satisfied.
No, this is not suggesting you cave in and order from the nearest Chinese! This recipe actually makes for a healthy curry, which many students may not realise is actually possible. Team this simple recipe up with rice, chips or half and half if that’s what you’re used to from your local takeaway.
● Diced chicken breast
● Schwartz curry powder (any other brand will do too)
● OXO Chicken stock cube
● 1 Yellow pepper
● 1 large onion
1. Thinly slice the pepper and onion.
2. Mix one chicken stock cube in a measuring jug with 50ml of water – add more water if needed but remember you can’t remove water once poured so it’s better to add less at the beginning and add more if necessary.
3. Boil the chicken for 15 minutes, until cooked.
4. In a large pot, fry the pepper and onion.
5. Once fried, add the chicken, two tablespoons of curry powder, two tablespoons of flour and chicken stock.
6. Bring to the boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Once sauce is thickened, pour chicken and sauce mixture over rice, chips or half and half and it’s ready to serve.
See how easy? Et voilà! A super quick and easy to go to bed feeling full and happy. Check back here over the week for more recipes like this!