For those college students who live at home, coming home after a long and tedious day of lectures to a nice, warm dinner is a comfort and a sure-fire way to brighten up anyone’s day. However, for students who have moved out for college, cooking can be somewhat of a chore – the last thing you want to do after a hard day of attending lectures is come home and prepare a meal for yourself.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! I’m here to save the day and provide you with easy and satisfying recipes you can whip up in no time. Fear not, these simple recipes are incredibly easy to prepare and taste delicious. It will take you no time to cook these dinners in the evening and they will definitely leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake
This simple dish requires very little preparation and always leaves your tummy full. It’s also open for interpretation in terms of which sauce you use – a tomato based one is the most popular but it would taste lovely with a white sauce too. If you want to really test yourself, you can make the sauce from scratch, but it works just as well with a jar from Tesco! Pair it with some garlic bread and you’ll be flying.
● Penne pasta (or whichever is your favourite)
● Diced chicken breast
● Sauce of your choice
● Grated cheddar/mozzarella cheese
1. Boil the pasta in a large pot for 20 minutes.
2. Cut up the chicken breast however thickly or thinly you want, and boil in large pot for 15 minutes.
3. Cut up rashers and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Drain pasta, chicken and rashers. Put it all into one pot and stir the sauce in.
5. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top, making sure you cover the top layer.
7. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes on Gas 6, until the cheese has melted.
8. Take out of oven and it’s ready to serve.
Et voilà! A super quick and easy to go to bed feeling full and happy. Check back here over the week for more recipes like this!