Ciara Ferguson explains why having a part-time job helps in the life of a student and gives some tips for when you land your student job.
I know it’s not the most appealing thought, but getting a part-time job is essential for maximum fun in college. But there is a downside. You will be forced to deal with some of the most dangerous creatures on this planet: customers.You must master the art of self-control, and remember that the customer is always right - so even if they are 100% wrong, you can never say that to them. It’s going to be tough, but you will have money for fun activities, such as:
- Buying clothes- casual clothes for college and going out clothes.
- Going to the cinema- if you fancy doing something that isn’t going out, going to the cinema is a great thing to do with friends, and only €5 on student night.
- Buying nice food- there is nothing worse than sitting with your crackers from home while everyone else buys a chicken roll, if you have a part-time job, you too can enjoy the wonderful way of the deli.
- Seshing- you can’t sesh without funds.
- Buying hang-over food- wedges or a breakfast roll is essential the day after a night out.
- Shopping- you will have the money to go into the city with your friends on a free afternoon and actually purchase things.