Recruitment Guru Rowan Manahan's advice on discussing salary in an interview.Key points to consider:
1. Research salary scales for your industry before the interview
2. Never be the first to raise the topic of salary in an interview - leave that to the interviewer
3. Don't lie or inflate your current salary
4. Never discuss salary in the early stages of the interview process - salary negotiation can come later once you know the company is interested in you.
5. Never say a number - you might talk yourself out of a job or worse still the company gets you really cheap