Continuing our series of festival-ready beauty, Amanda Leeson guides us through the glitter hair trend.
We have all been there; spending hours scrolling through Pinterest and Instagram trying to find something to do with our hair. Being honest, I hate doing my hair so the simpler the style, the better. If you’re like me and want to put as minimal effect into your hair as possible but still want it to look good, then this trend is for you.
I am going to take you step by step so you can have this style as your go too this summer. It couldn’t be easier and you more than likely have everything you need already.
What you need:
- Bobby pins or clear hair elastics.
- Glitter of your choice.
Step By Step:
1. Start off by deciding how you want your hair – if you want to curl it, straighten it etc.
2. Create a deep parting in your hair – this could be in the centre of your hair or, if you have a side fringe, part it there. Remember to make the parting really strong.
3. You want to create an updo, this will allow the glitter to be seen more easily. The list of styles you could create are endless. You can choose between having all your hair up or simply have a half up-half down style.
- French Plaits
- Space Buns
4. Once you style your hair the way you desire, what you’re going to do is spray the parting quite generously with hairspray. This will allow the glitter to stick to your hair.
5. Apply the glitter to your hair and create the look you like best. Finish with a last spray of hairspray to hold the glitter in place.
Now you’re done and have perfect summer party hair. The key to this is tailoring it to your liking and it doesn’t have to be perfect; in fact, it looks a little better messy.
Photo: lucia_benjamin on Instagram