Looking to perfect your fake freckles? Michelle Martin gives us her fool-proof guide to the perfect summer accessory.
College is over and summer has begun, which means it’s finally acceptable to spend three hours perfecting the internet’s latest beauty trend. One of which being fake freckles.
If you’re lucky enough to have the real thing, then this article isn’t for you. But if you’re in the mood to play around, we’ve scoured the internet and watched beauty guru after beauty guru to find the best and easiest method to recommend to you.
Oh and believe me – it’s tried, tested and approved.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eyebrow Palette with wax
- Eyebrow Pencil (in a different shade)
- Beauty blender
Some things to keep in mind:
- Natural freckles are not perfect circles; they come in all different shapes and sizes.
- They also come in different shades of brown, and range from light to dark.
- If you’re going for the more natural look, keep in mind that freckles appear on the high points of your face where the sun would hit.
- If you want freckles all over then don’t hold back, the perfection is in the imperfection.
With your base applied how you like it, take the pencil and begin to tap-tap-tap wherever you want your freckles to be. Don’t be shy with the pressure, going over the freckles with your beauty blender will mute the colour and sink them into the skin.
When you’re happy with your first layer, switch over to the brow palette. Now I don’t recommend using your go-to Anastasia Beverly hills wax pot, as it might get a little ruined. Rimmel’s ‘Brow this Way’ is only €5.50 in Boots right now and does the job dandy.
Simply dip the end of your tweezers into the wax part and tap across your face like before. Go over the ‘freckles’ with your beauty bender and keep repeating the method until you’re satisfied. Set with a translucent powder and you’re good to go.