Griffith College fashion students took centre stage on Thursday, May 21st as over 400 people came to see the work of some of Ireland's most promising young designers.
A host of well-known faces featured in a crowd of over 400 people at the Griffith College Graduate Fashion Show which showcased some of the country’s most talented young designers’ collections on the catwalk.
This highlight event for the college’s Faculty of Design was led by show presenter Alison Canavan in the industrial-style surroundings of the Griffith College Auditorium, on the Dublin campus on South Circular Road.
Swedish born graduate design student, Moa Öestermark won Student of the Year for her denim-oriented ‘Silent Shout’ collection at the Griffith College Fashion Show 2015.
Moa’s winning collection comes from a belief in comfortable and timeless designs, practical details such as; pockets, top stitching and functional closures.
The Griffith College Fashion Show 2015 is the launch event for Creative Week 2015, Griffith College’s annual week of student exhibitions showcasing the wide range of graduate work from Photography, Journalism & Visual Media, Interior Architecture, Computing and Fashion Design.
For more information see www.griffith.ie.
Awards and Winners on the Night:
· Helen Cody Internship Award: Yi-Hsin Chen
· Louis Copeland & Sons Internship Award: Iwona Szponarska
· FEE G Internship Award: Jenny Cleary
· Joanne Hynes Internship Award: Sarah Duff
· Caroline Kilkenny Internship Award: Sarah Murphy
· Percival of London Internship Award: Lamis Goumaa for her menswear collection
· Helen McAlinden Internship Award: Sandra Phelan
· Jennifer Rothwell Internship Award: Cathy McEvoy
· Student of the Year Award: Möa Östermark