Recruitment Guru Rowan Manahan's advice on discussing salary in an interview.
1. Research salary scales for your industry before the interview
2. Never be the first to raise the topic of salary in an interview - leave that to the interviewer
3. Don't lie or inflate your current salary
4. Never discuss salary in the early stages of the interview process - salary negotiation can come later once you know the company is interested in you.
5. Never say a number - you might talk yourself out of a job or worse still the company gets you really cheap